On this date in 1937, the Presbytery of Wisconsin, with congregations in Merrill, Cedar Grove and Gresham, Wisconsin, reported that the Presbytery's treasury was empty and unable to pay a bill of $2.28. The debt was paid through gifts at the meeting. At the next meeting of the Presbytery on February 17, 1938, a bill of $1.48 was outstanding. Again, gifts were received from those attending the meeting. At the next meeting on September 2, 1938, the treasurer was happy to announce that the presbytery had a positive balance of two cents in its banking account.
Picture: Old Stockbridge OPC, Gresham, WI, pastor John Davies, wife Hermima and son, John, in 1936.